Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dr. Mom

Well Isaiah has herpangina. I had a feeling that's what it was when he would only nurse for a few minutes at a time yesterday. Then today he was just straight refusing. I checked his ears yesterday so I knew it wasn't that. Today I checked his mouth and sure enough, little white spots on the back of his throat. :( I felt terrible gagging him with a Popsicle stick so I could check. It was awful and afterward he kept pushing me away he was so upset. Broke my heart. :( That is exactly why I DON'T want to be Dr. Mom.

I usually let his pediatrician check his ears and look him over if he doesn't get better after a few days but today I couldn't help myself. I guess I saved us $20 copay.

So then I forced him to take some milk with a syringe to stay hydrated. Poor baby. Michael stayed home with him today, and I will stay home tomorrow. Hope he gets over it soon!

1 comment:

  1. oh no! "Herpangina" sounds scary, but Isaiah is lucky to have Dr. Mom to keep him healthy! I don't know how you do it...see sick babies all day. It would break my heart! But you're lucky to have your healthy baby to come home to!!!

    ReplyDelete