Monday, March 17, 2014

He's 2, not 12

Sometimes I have to remind myself that Isaiah is still a toddler and that sometimes he just needs me. After a long day at Michael's fitness competition, Isaiah was exhausted. He did so well during the day with minimal whining in the morning before he took a nap and played in the hotel room after lunch. He did great during the finals and was even in a good mood on the way home. Well I get to the house at 9:30pm and the cleaning lady had locked the garage door and I grab the spare keys in a rush which don't have the garage door keys. I drive to Mom's to get a spare. Run in to get the keys with both kids asleep in the car. (Miracle since Chloe actually cried herself to sleep on the way home). Come back and both kids are crying hysterically. I drive home in a rush. Amazingly both kids fall back asleep on the way home. When we get home Chloe is still asleep so I leave her in the car seat and place it on the dining room table. I bring Isaiah into his room and he is so over tired and crying. I snuggle with him, sing him a song and tell him good night. Normally even when he is tired, I can walk out of the room and he puts himself to bed. Not this night. He cried and cried and cried. I let him cry for a couple of minutes, praying Chloe wouldn't wake up and I would have 2 crying kids alone. (Michael was still coming home from the show). 

After a couple of minutes I knew he wouldn't calm down. I went back in. Snuggled some more. Said good night again. More crying. So unlike my little guy. So I had to remind myself, Isaiah is 2, not 12. He needs his mama. Chloe was luckily still passed out so I brought him to our room. Snuggled and he calmed down. Then I brought him back to his room, snuggled some more. When he is ready to go to sleep he turns to his side. I waited until he did that. Kisses him good night and he went to bed without a peep. 

My poor baby boy. He's usually so sweet and well behaved that sometimes I forget that he's still a toddler and sometimes just needs his mama. 


No comments:

Post a Comment