**my previous post was written yesterday. About the reverse cycling. Now it's the exact opposite.**
Chloe went on a nursing strike last night and this AM. Refusing to nurse even though I knew she was hungry. At 9pm she nursed fine. Woke up at midnight crying. Refused to latch on an nurse. Milk everywhere. Give her a paci and she passes out. 4:00am she is crying again. I know she is definitely hungry. Continues to refuse to nurse. Milk all over myself and the bed again. Michael forces her to take 2oz of pumped milk in a bottle. Passes out. Then wakes up at 6:30am. Crying. Upset. Offer the boob. She refuses. Takes the paci and falls asleep again. 9:30am. Wakes up. I know she is hungry. Won't nurse. Give her a pumped bottle. Takes 2oz. So a total of 4oz for over 12hrs. Not good. Examine her. Look in her ears but my otoscope sucks. Take her to an urgent care. Wait an hour to be seen. Luckily they don't make us wait in the waiting room since she is so young. We wait in a room. I try to nurse her again. Still refusing. See a doctor who is trying to convince me that she needs IV fluids. I decide to try to nurse her one more time. She latches immediately and nurses. She get a flu swab and a urine cath to check for a uti. She is really upset so I offer the other boob. And she latches again and nurses just fine.
Maybe she is coming down with something. Maybe she doesn't feel well. Or maybe she is just LOCA. Coco-NUTS! When we got home she nursed fine again when she woke up. But the next time she woke up, she refused to nurse for 5mins before I finally shoved most of my boob on her mouth. I think this is going to be a LONG night...
No comments:
Post a Comment