Friday, August 24, 2012

Early riser

Isaiah has always been an early riser. This is him at 5:30am after I nursed him and put him back in his crib. He is playing by himself and talking to his toys. He fell asleep around 5:45am then woke back up at 6:30am. I nursed him again to try to get him to sleep a little longer. He napped until 7:30am and by then it was time to get up.


I really cherish the mornings I have to hang out with my little guy. When I'm on service, I have to be at work by 7am.  This means out of the door by 6:15am the latest.  I'm always rushing so little time is spent cuddling or playing.  It's just go, go, go!  Luckily daycare is close to work but it is still a task to get to work on time.  By the time I pick him up from daycare, he might be awake an hour, may be 2 at the most.  It breaks my heart sometimes to think of how little time I see Isaiah awake during the week, especially when I'm on service .  So when I'm off service doing research like I'm doing right now, I try to spend as much quality awake time with Isaiah as possible.  We play for a little bit in the morning before I take a shower.  I feed him breakfast at 8:30am before we head out the door.  I try to get in as much cuddle time as possible as I know he'll only want to cuddle with mama for so long...  


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I feel the same way sometimes but he knows mommy loves him to pieces!! Ania used to look directly at the camera and stare back at us. Lol. You're a great mommy for a baby boy that smiles all the time :)

    ReplyDelete